On July 30, 2022, Pow Wow Pitch, North America’s premier pitch competition for Indigenous entrepreneurs, presented in partnership with RBC, Shopify, Meta and Mastercard, announced Jason Lizotte, the Paddle Prairie Métis Owner and Founder of Nipiy Industries from Grand Prairie, Alberta, as the 2022 Pow Wow Pitch Kamloopa Winner. Jason has won $5,000 and is advancing to the Finals for a chance to win $25,000 to grow his business.
- Aritzia partners with Pow Wow Pitch to launch and award Aritzia Indigenous Fashion Grants
- Dakota Sipie, Sipie’s Mobile Wash, wins B2B Services Semi-Final
- Jody Bosse, Poly-B Plumbing, wins Skilled Trades Semi-Final
- Jason Lizotte, Nipiy Industries, wins Kamloopa Semi-Final
- Paul Owl, TreeTeas Brewing, wins Summer Solstice Semi-Final