On September 5th, Pow Wow Pitch, North America’s premier pitch competition for Indigenous entrepreneurs, presented in partnership with RBC, Shopify, and Mastercard, announced Kona Slays, the Rapid Lake Founder of Love Koko from Montreal, Québec, as the 2023 Pow Wow Pitch Startup Winner. Kona Slays has won $1,000 and is advancing to the Finals for a chance to win $25,000 to grow their business.
- Jasmine LaBillois, Msit No’kmaq Forest & Nature School, wins 2023 People’s Choice
- Ramona Emerson, Sharon Marshall, and Ashley Michel win 2023 Alumni Choice
- Jodie Moonie, Dante Biss-Grayson and Jason Picard-Binet, win Fashion Semi-Finals
- Aritzia partners with Pow Wow Pitch to launch and award Aritzia Indigenous Fashion Grants
- Jordan Smith, Renterii, wins Tech Semi-Final