Drawing from her Indigenous heritage, Cherise emphasized the importance of community in entrepreneurship. “It’s super important to have a strong community with our people,” she mused. Even though she’s originally from Northern Alberta, her move helped her connect deeply with the Blackfoot culture. This connection infuses her work, life, and business ethos, fostering hope, especially for those grappling with addiction.
- Pow Wow Pitch Partners with Raven Indigenous Capital Partners to Scale Impact to US Indigenous Entrepreneurs
- Jasmine LaBillois, Msit No’kmaq Forest & Nature School, wins 2023 People’s Choice
- Ramona Emerson, Sharon Marshall, and Ashley Michel win 2023 Alumni Choice
- Jodie Moonie, Dante Biss-Grayson and Jason Picard-Binet, win Fashion Semi-Finals
- Aritzia partners with Pow Wow Pitch to launch and award Aritzia Indigenous Fashion Grants