Do you run a business or have a business idea?
Are you going to the Kamloopa Pow Wow in Kamloops, British Columbia July 30th?
Pre-Register Now to Pitch to WIN!
Join us live at the Kamloopa Pow Wow in Kamloops, British Columbia on July 30th, and share your 1-minute business pitch to win funds and the support of the entire community!
Any Indigenous person with a business idea or a business of any type and in any industry can pitch for a chance to win cash prizes and gain a community of support.
All contestants get:
- Immediate entrance into the Turtle Island Pow Wow Pitch competition.
- Free access to the Indigenous Startup Program.
- More than $1,000 worth of free technology, tools and support.
- The chance to be featured on the Pow Wow Pitch Marketplace launching later this year and to have us buy up to 2,500 units of your products or services for a 2022 Mailer Box.
Pow Wow Pitch Time Table
FRIDAY, JULY 29
5:30 - 6:30 PM - First Round
Pre-register below to confirm your spot. Pitch and we will text you if you made the top 10 by 9 PM. You will need to confirm by 10 PM to secure your spot.
SATURDAY, JULY 30
9:00 - 10:30 AM - Mentorship and Roll Call
Top 10 paired with mentors to prepare for Final Pitch.
10:00 - 11:00 AM - Top 10 Pitch to Judges
The Top 10 will take the stage with the final 1-Minute Pitch followed by 2-minutes of Q&A with the Judges in front of the audience.
11:15 - 11:30 AM - Winner Announcements and Fan Favourite Voting
Pow Wow Pitch announces the Kamloopa Winners and Fan Favourite!
Where and When:
200 - 330 Chief Alex Thomas Way,
Kamloops, BC, Canada V2H 1H1
July 30, 2022 | Starting at 10 AM
$5,000 1st Prize + Gold Ticket to Pitch at Grand Finale for $25,000
$2,500 2nd Prize
$1,000 3rd Prize
$500 Youth Prize
$500 Fan Favourite
How to Participate:
STEP 1 - Complete the pre-entry form.
STEP 2 - Get tickets at the door.
STEP 3 - Meet at the stage at 5.00 pm to line up.
STEP 4 - Present your 1-Minute Pitch.
When you pre-register, we will send you all of the details.
What to Include in Your 1-Minute Pitch:
- Introduce yourself and where you are from.
- Tell us the name of your business and what you want to sell or already sell.
- Tell us how you would use $25,000 to take your idea or business to the next level.
- BONUS: Tell us why you want to do this? Who is part of your team? Your traction to date? Your vision for the future?
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.