Founded by Lisa Vicaire in Timiskaming First Nation, Algonquin Acres stands as a testament to Indigenous entrepreneurship and the power of innovative therapeutic approaches in supporting mental health among Indigenous youth. Lisa’s approach intertwines Indigenous teachings and traditions with animal therapy, primarily using horses as a medium to boost mental resilience and self-confidence.
- Jasmine LaBillois, Msit No’kmaq Forest & Nature School, wins 2023 People’s Choice
- Ramona Emerson, Sharon Marshall, and Ashley Michel win 2023 Alumni Choice
- Jodie Moonie, Dante Biss-Grayson and Jason Picard-Binet, win Fashion Semi-Finals
- Aritzia partners with Pow Wow Pitch to launch and award Aritzia Indigenous Fashion Grants
- Jordan Smith, Renterii, wins Tech Semi-Final