On April 30, Pow Wow Pitch, North America’s premier pitch competition for Indigenous entrepreneurs, presented in partnership with RBC, Shopify, Meta and Mastercard, announced Melinda Williamson, Owner and Founder of Morning Light Kombucha from the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, as the 2022 Pow Wow Pitch Gathering of Nations Winner. Melinda has won $1,000 and is advancing to the Finals for a chance to win $25,000 to grow her businesses.
- Aritzia partners with Pow Wow Pitch to launch and award Aritzia Indigenous Fashion Grants
- Dakota Sipie, Sipie’s Mobile Wash, wins B2B Services Semi-Final
- Jody Bosse, Poly-B Plumbing, wins Skilled Trades Semi-Final
- Jason Lizotte, Nipiy Industries, wins Kamloopa Semi-Final
- Paul Owl, TreeTeas Brewing, wins Summer Solstice Semi-Final