On September 14, Pow Wow Pitch, North America’s premier pitch competition for Indigenous entrepreneurs, presented in partnership with RBC, Shopify, and Mastercard, announced Simon Monteith, the Opaskwayak Cree Nation Founder of Simon the Scientist from Winnipeg, Manitoba, as the 2023 Pow Wow Pitch Youth Winner. Simon Monteith has won $1,000 and is advancing to the Finals for a chance to win $25,000 to grow his business.
- Jasmine LaBillois, Msit No’kmaq Forest & Nature School, wins 2023 People’s Choice
- Ramona Emerson, Sharon Marshall, and Ashley Michel win 2023 Alumni Choice
- Jodie Moonie, Dante Biss-Grayson and Jason Picard-Binet, win Fashion Semi-Finals
- Aritzia partners with Pow Wow Pitch to launch and award Aritzia Indigenous Fashion Grants
- Jordan Smith, Renterii, wins Tech Semi-Final