Do you run a business or have a business idea?
Are you going to the Manito Ahbee Festival in Winnipeg, Manitoba on May 20th?
Join us live at the Manito Ahbee Festival in Winnipeg, Manitoba on May 20, 2023 and share your 1-minute business pitch to win funds and the support of the entire community!
Any Indigenous person with a business idea or a business of any type and in any industry can pitch for a chance to win cash prizes and gain a community of support.
All contestants get:
- Immediate entrance into the Turtle Island Pow Wow Pitch competition.
- Free access to the Indigenous Startup Program.
- More than $250 worth of free technology, tools and support.
- The chance to be featured on the Pow Wow Pitch Marketplace launching later this year and to have us buy up to 500 units of your products or services for a 2023 Mailer Box.
Pow Wow Pitch Time Table
9:00 AM - Registration Desk Opens
10:00 - 11:00 AM - First Round
Pre-register below to confirm your spot.
1:00 - 1:10 PM - Top 10 Announcement
After Grand Entry, we take 10 minutes to announce the Top 10 and pair them with mentors to prepare for the Final Pitch.
3:00 - 4:00 PM - Top 10 Pitch to Judges
The Top 10 will take the stage with the final 1-Minute Pitch followed by 2-minutes of Q&A with the Judges in front of the BellMTS Ignite Our Spirit Performance Stage audience.
4:30 - 4:45 PM - Winner Announcements and Fan Favourite Voting
Pow Wow Pitch announces the Manito Ahbee Winners and Fan Favourite!
Where and When:
Manito Ahbee Indigenous Festival
Red River Exhibition Park
3977 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB
May 20, 2023 | Starting at 9 AM
$5,000 1st Prize + Gold Ticket to Pitch at Grand Finale for
$2,500 2nd Prize
$1,000 3rd Prize
$500 Youth Prize
$500 Fan Favourite
How to Participate:
STEP 1 - Complete the pre-entry form.
STEP 2 - Make sure you have your tickets for Manito Ahbee.
STEP 3 - Meet at 9.00 am to line up at the Pow Wow Pitch Registration Table in the Powwow Exhibition Hall to check in and receive your name tag and number.
STEP 4 - Line up at the mic at 9:45 am by number to pitch your business.
STEP 5 - Go to the BellMTS Ignite Our Spirit Performance Stage (aka Red Barn) to find out if you made the Top 10.
When you pre-register, we will send you all of the details.
What to Include in Your 1-Minute Pitch:
- Introduce yourself and where you are from.
- Tell us the name of your business and what you want to sell or already sell.
- Tell us how you would use $25,000 to take your idea or business to the next level.
- BONUS: Tell us why you want to do this? Who is part of your team? Your traction to date? Your vision for the future?
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.